“United We Stand, Making Change within the world!”
The United We Stand Players of New Ulm believes its mission is to change people’s mindset, thoughts, opinions, and viewpoints about “disability”. They also believe that it is important to teach people about respecting all people for who they are. The United We Stand Players is committed to participating in the community through the arts and providing equal access to everyone who wants to be involved in the group.
- Show others that we are people just like everyone else
- Look at us as differently-abled and not “disabled”. We are all given unique gifts and talents.
- Serve in our communities.
- Learn through the things that we do.
- Show people what teamwork is all about.
- To entertain people through the art of theatre.
Activities the group has been involved in:
- We have completed 6 full length plays all of which are original and provide messages about disability issues
- Participated in several Remembering with Diginity performances at the St. Peter Regional Treatment Center.
- We have been to many conferences learning about self-advocacy and teaching others about self-advocacy theatre.
- Helped start Aktion Club Theatre of Mankato
- Participated in Day of Caring, sold roses for Arc SW, and have been to the capitol to speak with legislators about issues.
“It is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I am glad to be part of it!” Lucas
“When I am participating in the theatre group activities, I am attempting to open other people’s eyes about us and hope that I can help all people.” Helene
“We show that we have positive attitudes and make change one person at a time.” Jacki
Here is the printable SUMMER schedule: UWS Players Summer 2016 Calendar
Questions? Call Wilbur at 507-345-4223